Food & Beverage
The food & beverage industry is the second largest manufacturing industry in Canada at $117.8 billion in 2019. Enginuity has worked with numerous small to large food and beverage producers and processors including: fruits & vegetables, dairy products, raw ingredients (flours, oils, flavours, additives), frozen foods, prepared meals, bakeries, condiments & sauces, confectionary, snack foods, beer, wine, juices, coffee, pet food, etc. Our team has provided a variety of services from safety audits to turnkey facility setup.
Food & Beverage Facility Expertise
We have been serving the food industry with a variety of clients, and have developed the following ‘know-how’ and expertise:
- Processing of Agricultural Products: Bulk Loading/Unloading, Drying, Crushing/Grinding/Milling, Sifting, Mixing, Blending, Freezing, Homogenizing, Pasteurizing, etc.
- Food & Beverage Production: Baking, Extrusion, Fermenting, Distilling, Washing, Chopping, Thermal, Roasting, Microfiltration, Refrigerating, Freezing, Sterilizing, Canning, Bottling, etc.
- Process Layouts: optimized for capital and operational costs
- Material Handling, Storage, & Flow: Silos, Hoppers, Tippers, Tanks, Piping, Conveyors
- Clean-In-Place (CIP) Systems
- Cold and Humidity Controlled Rooms
- Packaging & Warehousing
- GMP, CFIA, HACCP design
- Facilities Engineering – Water, Steam, Dust Control/Ventilation, Heat Exchanger, Controls, Glycol, Boilers, Electrical, Air Curtains/Positive Pressure, Compressed Air, Hydraulics, Chillers, HVAC/Ventilation, Effluent Treatment, Piping, Gas, etc.
Our Services for Food & Beverage Facilities
We offer our clients a variety of services ranging from maintenance, operations, and capital projects by applying our integrated design-bid-build and construction management model.
- Expansion, Relocation & Consolidation
- Capital Project Planning – Scoping and Budgeting
- Feasibility Studies, Capex/Opex analysis of design
- Process & Building Engineering/Detailed Design
- Expansions & Increased Capacity Design
- Plant Optimization
- “Base-Building” Upgrades – structural, electrical, ventilation, fire protection, mechanical, effluent treatment, etc.
- Equipment Specification, Selection & Installation
- Inspections & Audits – safety, structural, condensation, energy efficiencies, waste
- Project Management – Design-Build Support, Tendering, Contractor Oversight, Construction Management, Commissioning
- Permits & Liaison with Authorities
- Code Consulting