DELTA CUT TO LENGTH LINE
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Varsteel Ltd. is a leading provider of steel, rebar, pipe and piling and structural steel in Canada and the United States.
Enginuity was involved in the feasibility, planning, decommissioning, retrofit design and installation of Varsteel’s 1/2″ by 96″ steel delta cut to length line. The various equipment (Uncoiler, Pealer Table, Flattner, Leveler and Shear) along side all catwalks and 250ft of roller conveyor was decommissioned and removed from an existing facility in British Columbia.
The equipment along side Herr-Voss’s new Enhanced leveler (ELT) was relocated and reinstalled in Varsteel’s new 240,000 sq.ft facility in Delta, British Columbia.
Service details provided by Enginuity included:
- Project Management and Coordination
- Cost Feasibility
- Mechanical surveying of existing line
- Design of equipment layout to meet new facility layout
- Pass line configuration
- Foundation assessment and analysis
- Geotechnical assessment and settlement study
- Installation coordination and
- Equipment new installation surveying
- “As built” drawings