STEEL RECYCLING FACILITY
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Richmond Steel Recycling (Subsidiary of Sims Metal Management) is a metal (ferrous and non ferrous) recycling facility based out of Richmond, BC. All different types of miscellaneous raw components such as pressed cards, propane tanks, engine blocks get shredded down via the main shredder.
To address a number of safety and reliability concerns and with a deficiencies list provided, Enginuity Consulting performed an overall study to address the concerns and presented a Corrective Action list to the client. This was followed with a number of engineered solutions to address the list. Tendering and progressing was also performed.
EXAMPLE WORK INCLUDED:
- Design of a shredder overshoot capturing & screening system (Capturing dangerous projectiles ejected out of the shredder during operation, protecting equipment and possible prevention of human injury and fatality)
- Safety platforms and railings
- Lifeline and fall arrest systems
- Access and escape route systems
- Tendering & project management
Sims Metal Management