Heidelberg Materials – Crusher Expansion
Heidelberg is one of the world’s largest building materials companies, operating in over 50 countries. Their products are primarily used for constructing houses, infrastructure, commercial and industrial facilities. Sustainability and environmental consideration are at the heart of their main operations which is the production and distribution of cement, aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, and asphalt.
With the goal to increase their aggregate production output, the Sechelt location initiated a capital expansion project, adding several new crushing, sorting, and conveyance lines to their operations.
Enginuity played an instrumental role by providing balance of plant engineering and consulting services. As the project progressed, Enginuity’s in-depth knowledge of the local codes and seismic design requirements were valuable in designing the structural steel that supports the crusher along with project management services through the whole project lifecycle.
- Owner’s Agent
- Code review and consultation
- Engineer of Record Services
- Capital Cost Estimation
- Project Management & costing analysis
- Independent design reviews
- Project Management and design co-ordination with owner, vendors, and contractors
- Permit Planning
- Assistance & solutions for project gaps and deficiencies risks
- Value engineering solutions
- Risk mitigation
- Supplement owner’s project management team with additional resources