Stuyver’s Bread Food Facility Expansion
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Stuyver’s Bread is an industrial bakery located in Langley BC. Stuyver’s supplies bread to a wide base of retail customers. In a push to expand their customer base and continue servicing their existing customers needs and sudden increase in retail food demand through the impact of COVID, they expedited a facility expansion while maintaining current operations. There new state of the art facility will be fully automated and will more than double the facility’s output.
As part of this expansion, Enginuity was called on to function as Prime Consultant, supplying multidisciplinary design, consulting, CRP, Tennant improvement, and project management services. This included design of service supplies to process equipment, such as cold, hot, and chilled water, steam, natural gas and compressed air. As a food processing facility, quality and cleanliness is of the utmost importance to Stuyver’s and following CFIA and GMP guidelines we were able to provide solutions that meet the highest industry standards. Enginuity also provided design solutions for HVAC and refrigeration systems, fire protection and electrical distribution. Project management and consulting solutions included coordinating approvals between local authorities such the Township of Langley, BC Hydro, Fortis BC, Technical Safety BC and the Owner, application for permits, construction support and more.
- Code review and consultation for compliance with standards and regulations such as BCBC, CSA, OSHA, CFIA and local bylaws.
- Permitting and owner representation as CRP
- Plumbing design (hot, cold and chilled water, steam, compressed air, natural gas, sanitary drainage)
- Fire Protection design
- HVAC and Refrigeration design
- Electrical Distribution and Lighting
- Structural Design and consulting
- Foundation Design
- Industrial Architecture
- Equipment Specification
- Tendering and Bid Evaluation
- Project Management
- Construction Support