VICTORIA GOLD TESTING LABORATORY
ABOUT THE PROJECT
SGS is a highly regarded testing and assay third party in the mining and metallurgy industry. Given the fact that most extraction locations are in remote locations, it becomes very cumbersome to deliver samples to established laboratories for analysis. EC has been at the forefront of designing container mounted laboratory units which can be readily transported by conventional means to mineral extraction locations and assembled on site to form a laboratory to address the need, no matter how complex. A recent project involved the assembly of seven (7) containers which when assembled formed a complete assay laboratory at a mine site close to the Arctic Circle. The issues addressed included extreme operating environmental conditions. The laboratory was designed to SGS’s specifications, fabricated on the Lower Mainland under EC’s supervision, shipped to the mine site, assembled and the final assembly was inspected and approved by the EC team of engineers for operation by SGS.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY EC:
Engineering & Design:
- Feasibility and planning
- Conceptual studies and layout
- Preliminary design
- Project cost budgets
- Project initiation and front-end design
- Design criteria & Performance specifications
- Preparation of submittal documentation for Building Permit
- Detail Engineering: HVAC & Ventilation, Fire Suppression, Electrical and instrumentation, Power distribution, Controls & Equipment protection, and Air service distribution.
- Tendering and bid evaluation: Preparation of Tender documents, Procurement plan, Bid solicitation and tender evaluation, Contractor qualification and selection.
Construction & Project Management:
- Progress reports
- Project cost controls
- Site support and contractor oversight
- Engineering field reviews and inspections
- Field engineering and technical support
- Over see transportation to site
- Commissioning assistance
- Operations and maintenance assistance
- Record drawings and documents
- Third-party approval sign off.