RAD Torque – Facility Consolidation
ABOUT THE PROJECT
RAD Torque is a leading Canadian manufacturer of pneumatic, battery powered, and electronic pistol grip torque wrenches, proven to be successful all over the world in such industries as oil & gas, petrochemical, mining, aerospace, power generation and manufacturing.
Due to fast and organic growth through the years, RAD Torque facilities was evolving and expanding in quick, yet inefficient, and holistic manner yielding large operational efficiencies. Having expanded into 7 separate and isolated locations, their production was faced and bottlenecks. Enginuity was retained to address the issues by relocating production operations into a new, consolidated facility, with a reduced overall footprint while increasing production capacity with increased efficiency. This was accomplished with meticulous consultation with the client and design of a new operational process flow and layout design. Additionally Enginuity provided engineering design for facility and building upgrades required to accommodate process and equipment requirements.
- Process and product flow review and design
- Plant & facility planning
- Multi-disciplinary engineering design
- Base building upgrades
- Facilities Engineering
- Move and relocation consultation
- Consolidating 7 locations into 1, with a reduced overall footprint
- Production Capacity increase despite a reduced overall footprint
- Operational efficiency upgrades